Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
avalble from 2 December -1
- Order number: FLIRPRO-IOS
- Supplier Name: FLIR® Systems, Inc
- Supplier Number: FLIRPRO-IOS
- EAN: 812462024094
- Warranty(Years): 2
Combine the power of our free Thermal Analysis app with the FLIR ONE™ thermal camera to change the way students view and think about the world around them.
Using the FLIR ONE thermal camera and our free Thermal Analysis app, students can collect temperature vs. time data for up to four spots or regions, along with a thermal image video.
FLIR ONE for iOS
FLIR ONE uses patented MSX technology for superior image quality. Every time you capture a thermal reading with the FLIR ONE, you are also taking a standard picture. This picture will provide physical detail to the raw thermal reading. FLIR ONE for iOS easily connects to an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod® touch with a Lightning® connector.
Thermal Analysis App
Vernier's free Thermal Analysis app allows you to mark up to four locations or regions on the image. In a selected region, you can determine minimum, maximum, or average temperature. Graph temperature data live during an experiment, then export to our Graphical Analysis app for further analysis. Thermal image videos can also be exported to the Photos app.
Non-contact temperature data collection with video can be used to observe temperature changes on the skin, illustrate convection, show heating due to friction, and more. Compare heat conduction in different materials or compare the transparency of materials in infrared vs. visible light. What will you explore?
- Image resolution: 160 x 120 pixels in IR, 640 x 480 pixels when combined with visible light camera
- Measurement range: –4 to 248°F (–20 to 120°C)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 95°F (0 to 35°C)
- Dimensions: 2.8 x 1 x 0.7 inches (72 x 26 x 18 mm)
- Charging: 1 A wall charger
- Device compatibility: Apple products containing a Lightning connector, including iPhone 6 and 6 plus.
- Battery capacity: 350 mA-h
FLIR ONE camera neither consumes power from the connected device battery, nor charges it. When inactive, the camera automatically switches to low-power mode to maximize its battery life.
Experiments and Lab Ideas
Lab Ideas and Innovative Uses
- Freezing Point Depression
- Heat of Solution
- Inquiry Study of Evaporative Cooling
- Thermal Equilibration
- Absorption of Radiant Energy
- Interior and Exterior Temperatures With and Without Insulation
- Respiration with Thermal Analysis
- Capillary Action
- Thermal Conductivity
- Behavior of Materials with Regards to Infrared Wavelengths
Do you have an innovative use for Vernier technology? What about a favorite lab or demo? We love to hear what creative uses people have for our products. Please email them to email@example.com
FLIR ONE Camera
The FLIR ONE camera requires an iOS device with Lightning connector, such as iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5 / iPhone 5s
- iPad Air / iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini / iPad Mini 3
- iPad (4th Generation)
Vernier Thermal Analysis App
Vernier Thermal Analysis app requires iOS 9.0 or better.
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Thermal Analysis for FLIR ONE™
- Graphical Analysis™ for iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and Android™
- Vernier Thermal Analysis® for FLIR ONE™
- How to use Vernier Thermal Analysis for FLIR ONE
- Further products by FLIR® Systems, Inc
- Mark up to four locations or regions on the image to determine the minimum, maximum, or average temperature.
- Graph live temperature data during an experiment.
- Capture temperature data for everything within a video frame allowing you to analyze any object at any time and create additional temperature vs. time graphs.
- Export thermal image videos and data to Logger Pro software for further analysis or export data into our Graphical Analysis™ 4 app.
- Use the time-lapse video feature to record data for long collection times without filling up the storage on your iPhone or iPad (Thermal Analysis Plus only).
Vernier Thermal Analysis® for FLIR ONE™
Student teams gather temperature data with a LabQuest 2 and share their results with the class
Study the Unseen with Thermal Analysis
Offer your students a fun and engaging way to study thermal energy. With our Thermal Analysis app, students can easily observe temperature changes on the skin, illustrate convection, track heating due to friction, compare heat conduction in different materials, analyze the transparency of materials in infrared vs. visible light, and much more.
Thermal Analysis allows you to analyze temperatures for up to four spots or regions and collect temperature vs. time graphs. Examine the in-app graph, select different points or regions to examine, or export data to Graphical Analysis 4 or Logger Pro for further analysis.
Note: Thermal Analysis support for FLIR ONE Pro and FLIR ONE Gen 3 is not available until late 2017. The FLIR ONE app is available to capture thermal images, but not for data collection and analysis.
|grade:||Diploma/ Vocational/ Uni, Middle years|
|Subject:||Biology, cameras, chemistry, informatics, physics, renewable energy|
|operating system:||Android, iOS|
Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Wilsonville, Oregon, FLIR Systems is a world-leading maker of sensor systems that enhance perception and heighten awareness, helping to save lives, improve productivity, and protect the environment. Through its nearly 3,500 employees, FLIR's vision is to be "The World's Sixth Sense" by leveraging thermal imaging and adjacent technologies to provide innovative, intelligent solutions for security and surveillance, environmental and condition monitoring, outdoor recreation, machine vision, navigation, and advanced threat detection.