Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 21 Workdays
- Order number: CFA
- Warranty(Years): 5
The Centripetal Force Apparatus allows you to investigate the relationship between centripetal force, angular velocity, mass, and radius.
A force sensor measures the centripetal force exerted on a mass as it moves in a circle. A photogate can be used to measure the angular speed. Different masses can be added to the platform and positioned at variable radii. The platform can be driven by a falling mass. The apparatus also accommodates the Vernier Wireless Dynamic Sensor System to measure force, which provides the best set of data. Sensors are sold separately.
- Rectangular Frame
- Support Legs (2)
- Rotating Assembly consisting of Rotational Shaft, Encoder Wheel, 3-Step Pulley, Rotating Beam, Bearing Housing
- Sliding Carriage to hold the test masses
- Counterbalance Carriage to balance the rotating beam
- Swivel Assembly (connects Sliding Carriage to a Dual-Range Force Sensor)
- Ultra Pulley
- Ultra Pulley Bracket (preinstalled on Assembly)
- Photogate Bracket with 1/4 x 20 mounting screw (preinstalled on Assembly)
- Dual-Range Force Sensor Bracket (preinstalled on Assembly)
- 50 g masses (4)
- 100 g masses (4)
- Hook (attaches a Wireless Dynamic Sensor System to the Sliding Carriage)
- WDSS Mounting Screw and T Nut to secure a WDSS
- User manual
|grade:||Diploma/ Vocational/ Uni|
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- View User Manual
- Further products by Vernier International
Celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2016, Vernier Software & Technology continues to be a leading innovator of scientific data-collection technology. Focused on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), Vernier is dedicated to developing creative ways to teach and learn using hands-on science and math. Vernier creates easy-to-use and affordable science interfaces, sensors, and graphing/analysis software. With world-wide distribution to over 140 countries, Vernier products are used by educators and students from elementary school to college. Vernier’s technology-based solutions enhance STEM education, increase learning, and build students’ critical thinking skills. Vernier’s business culture is grounded in Earth-friendly policies and practices, and the company provides a family-friendly workplace.