Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 10 Workdays
- Order number: CBR2
- Supplier Name: Texas Instruments
- Warranty(Years): 2
The CBR 2 motion sensor is TI's answer to an easy, affordable data collection device! Designed for teachers who want their students to collect and analyze real-world motion data, such as distance, velocity and acceleration. Great for algebra through calculus and statistics, physical science and physics.
The CBR 2 motion detector plugs into TI-Nspire™ learning handhelds and TI-84 Plus family calculators using the USB CBR-to-calculator cable.Using the CBR 2 and the newest TI-Nspire application, Vernier DataQuest®, students can kinesthetically explore motion and graphing with the "Motion Match" feature.
They simply plug in the CBR 2 and watch the Vernier DataQuest® app launch automatically. Once they choose "Motion Match," challenge your students to match the graph by walking back and forth using the CBR 2 motion detector.
Students enjoy changing their position and speed as they attempt to get the perfect match.
Students can also begin collecting data immediately using their TI-84 Plus family calculator. (Vernier EasyData® App required). The device will automatically launch the app and begin displaying the current distance reading. Also select from several easy-to-use activities that are already built-in.
CBR 2 motion sensor capabilities and highlights:
- Includes 5 sample classroom activities for math and science
- Pivoting sensor head for easy positioning
- Upgraded design and color
- USB connectivity to the TI-Nspire™ family of handhelds, TI-Nspire™ family of software, and TI-84 Plus family of graphing calculators
- Record data from 15 cm (5.9 in.) to 6 m (19.7 ft.)
- Sensitivity switch for normal and track modes
- Use with dynamic tracks, coffee filters, graph match, ball-toss and other activities
- Improved real-time graphing
- Pivoting sensor head
Simply point the sensor where the action is! It will measure distance, velocity and acceleration - up to 200 samples per second!
CBR 2 motion sensor system includes:
- CBR 2 sonic motion detector
- USB CBR 2-to-calculator cable (for use with TI-84 Plus family calculators)
- Extended length I/O cable, for connecting to calculator input/output port
- 4 AA batteries
- Guidebook: Getting Started with the CBR 2
Texas Instruments, a Vernier partner since 1993, provides affordable graphing handhelds, software, and data-collection accessories for math and science classrooms.
Data Collection with TI Technology
Data collection with Texas Instruments technology is powerful, easy, and cost effective. Explore the different options available to add Vernier sensors to your TI technology.