Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 10 Workdays
- Order number: CBR2
- Warranty(Years): 2
The CBR 2 motion sensor is TI's answer to an easy, affordable data collection device! Designed for teachers who want their students to collect and analyze real-world motion data, such as distance, velocity and acceleration. Great for algebra through calculus and statistics, physical science and physics.
The CBR 2 motion detector plugs into TI-Nspire™ learning handhelds and TI-84 Plus family calculators using the USB CBR-to-calculator cable.Using the CBR 2 and the newest TI-Nspire application, Vernier DataQuest®, students can kinesthetically explore motion and graphing with the "Motion Match" feature.
They simply plug in the CBR 2 and watch the Vernier DataQuest® app launch automatically. Once they choose "Motion Match," challenge your students to match the graph by walking back and forth using the CBR 2 motion detector.
Students enjoy changing their position and speed as they attempt to get the perfect match.
Students can also begin collecting data immediately using their TI-84 Plus family calculator. (Vernier EasyData® App required). The device will automatically launch the app and begin displaying the current distance reading. Also select from several easy-to-use activities that are already built-in.
CBR 2 motion sensor capabilities and highlights:
- Includes 5 sample classroom activities for math and science
- Pivoting sensor head for easy positioning
- Upgraded design and color
- USB connectivity to the TI-Nspire™ family of handhelds, TI-Nspire™ family of software, and TI-84 Plus family of graphing calculators
- Record data from 15 cm (5.9 in.) to 6 m (19.7 ft.)
- Sensitivity switch for normal and track modes
- Use with dynamic tracks, coffee filters, graph match, ball-toss and other activities
- Improved real-time graphing
- Pivoting sensor head
Simply point the sensor where the action is! It will measure distance, velocity and acceleration - up to 200 samples per second!
CBR 2 motion sensor system includes:
- CBR 2 sonic motion detector
- USB CBR 2-to-calculator cable (for use with TI-84 Plus family calculators)
- Extended length I/O cable, for connecting to calculator input/output port
- 4 AA batteries
- Guidebook: Getting Started with the CBR 2