Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 21 Workdays
- Order number: GDX-VSMT
- Supplier Name: Vernier International
- Supplier Number: GDX-VSMT
- Warranty(Years): 2
Using our Go Direct® Structures & Materials Tester and its included e-book, students explore the effect that beam dimensions and shape have on structure flexibility and strength, investigate how trusses distribute weight, and ultimately build and test their own designs. For more advanced investigations, students can combine the sensor displacement data to evaluate the strengths of materials by determining the modulus of elasticity of different materials. This testing apparatus gives teachers a great way to motivate their students when it is used for engineering competitions with the free Go Direct® Bridge Competition Software.
- The force and displacement sensors connect via Bluetooth® wireless technology or USB.
- Uses our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app to collect and analyze data.
- Obtains exact force and displacement readings for bends and breaks.
- Provides accurate positioning for center and off-center loading.
- Accommodates easy loading for different structure sizes and shapes.
Includes the NGSS-aligned Materials Testing: Beams to Bridges e-book, providing engaging engineering activities to get started.
- Dimensions: 45 cm x 50 cm x 20 cm
- Weight: 22 lbs
- Operational Range: 0 to 1,000 N
- Positive stop to prevent sensor damage.
- Resolution: 0.1 N
Displacement Sensor (encoder)
- Range: 0 to 7 cm
- Resolution: 1.0 μm
- Go Direct® Structures & Materials Tester
- Materials Testing: Beams to Bridges with Go Direct® Structures & Materials Tester e-book
- Tackle Kit
- Free Go Direct® Bridge Competition Software
- Assembly Instructions
- USB micro cable
|grade:||Diploma/ Vocational/ Uni, Middle years|
|Data Logging Interfaces:||LabQuest|
|Subject:||physics, scales, Vernier|
|operating system:||Android, Chrome, iOS, LabQuest 2, Mac OSX, Win|
Celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2016, Vernier Software & Technology continues to be a leading innovator of scientific data-collection technology. Focused on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), Vernier is dedicated to developing creative ways to teach and learn using hands-on science and math. Vernier creates easy-to-use and affordable science interfaces, sensors, and graphing/analysis software. With world-wide distribution to over 140 countries, Vernier products are used by educators and students from elementary school to college. Vernier’s technology-based solutions enhance STEM education, increase learning, and build students’ critical thinking skills. Vernier’s business culture is grounded in Earth-friendly policies and practices, and the company provides a family-friendly workplace.