Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Normally on Stock,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: GDX-MLT-INTL
- Supplier Name: Vernier Science Education
- Supplier Number: GDX-MLT-INTL
- Warranty(Years): 2
The Go Direct Melt Station accurately determines the melting temperature of solid substances. It directly connects wirelessly via Bluetooth® or wired via USB to your platform.
Teach students the visual detection capillary method of melting point determination with the Go Direct Melt Station. It accurately measures melting temperatures of a solid (up to 260°C), and the real-time graphing provides a unique perspective of the melting process.
The wide-angle observation and magnification window, LED-lit heater block, and adjustable tilt base give students a clear view of the substance as they witness the state change. Internal cooling fans reduce the waiting time between sample testing. Also included is an important safety feature that automatically powers down the heating block after 60 minutes with no change to the control knob.
The Go Direct Melt Station can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Determine the melting temperature of an known organic solid such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or caffeine.
- Identify an unknown organic solid by its melting temperature.
- Use melting temperature to analyze reaction products.
- Base: 13 cm × 15 cm × 1.5 cm
- Body: 9 cm × 9 cm × 24 cm
- Weight: 1.0 kg (2.2 lbs)
- Range: Ambient to 260°C
- Safety shut down: The heating block is automatically powered down after approximately 60 minutes of heating.
- Capillary tubes: 1.4–1.8 mm outside diameter, 100 mm length
- Capillary tube slots: 3
- Viewing lens: 27 mm diameter (functional), 30 mm (actual)
- Lighting of capillary slots: 3 white LEDs
- Lighting of control dial:
- Red LED (indicates heating mode)
- Blue LED (indicates cooling mode with cooling fan running)
- Yellow LED (safety shut off activated)
- Wireless: Bluetooth
- Wired: USB
- Go Direct Melt Station
- 100 standard capillary tubes
- Power supply
- Micro USB Cable
Wired or Wireless—The Flexibility to Choose
Our Go Direct™ Colorimeter connects directly to your mobile device, Chromebook, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app—no additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth, allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
|grade:||Diploma/High School, Diploma/ Vocational/ Uni|
|Data Logging Interfaces:||LabQuest|
|operating system:||Android, Chrome, iOS, LabQuest 2, Mac OSX, Win|
Celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2016, Vernier Software & Technology continues to be a leading innovator of scientific data-collection technology. Focused on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), Vernier is dedicated to developing creative ways to teach and learn using hands-on science and math. Vernier creates easy-to-use and affordable science interfaces, sensors, and graphing/analysis software. With world-wide distribution to over 140 countries, Vernier products are used by educators and students from elementary school to college. Vernier’s technology-based solutions enhance STEM education, increase learning, and build students’ critical thinking skills. Vernier’s business culture is grounded in Earth-friendly policies and practices, and the company provides a family-friendly workplace.