Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 14 Workdays
- Order number: 45678
- Warranty(Years): 2
- The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set is the go-to STEAM learning tool for grade 6-8 students. Combining colorful LEGO building elements, easy-to-use hardware, and an intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch., SPIKE Prime continuously engages students through playful learning activities to think critically and solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. From easy-entry projects to limitless creative design possibilities, SPIKE Prime helps students learn the essential STEAM and 21st century skills needed to become the innovative minds of tomorrow... while having fun! The heart of the SPIKE Prime system is the programmable Hub. This advanced yet simple-to-use, brick-shaped device features 6 input/output ports, 5x5 light matrix, Bluetooth connectivity, a speaker, 6-axis gyro and a rechargeable battery. The SPIKE Prime Set also includes highly accurate motors and sensors that, together with a large variety of colorful LEGO building elements, let students design and build fun robots, dynamic devices and other interactive models. Many attachment points on the Hub, motors and sensors plus new, large building elements means students spend less time building and more time learning. The durable storage box and 2 sorting trays also means time spent setting up and clearing away is kept to a minimum, while the smaller trays are ideal when desk space is limited. The intuitive coding environment for tablets and computers takes the best elements from the popular coding language based on Scratch, creating a system that teachers and students will love. In addition to Getting Started Material, the app comes with 3 unit plans of curriculum-aligned STEAM content focusing on Engineering and Computer Science. Optimized for 45-minute lessons, these units accelerate STEAM learning by consistently engaging students to think critically and to solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. Comprehensive online lesson plans with a wealth of accessible, interactive support material gives teachers everything they need to deliver lessons with confidence, whatever their previous experience.
|Data Logging Interfaces:||SPIKE Prime|
|grade:||Middle years, upper primary|
|Subject:||informatics, informatics, physics, Robotics/ Microcontrollers, science|
|Language:||English, French, German, Italian|
|operating system:||Android, Chrome, iOS, Mac OSX, Win|
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Lesson Plans
- Plans de cours
- Piani di lezione
- Physik mit SPIKE Prime
- SPIKE Prime Lessons
- Further products by LEGO Education Lehrmittel
- Sturdy storage box with sorting trays, programmable Hub, Distance Sensor, Force Sensor, Color Sensor, Large Motor, 2 Medium Motors and over 500 appealing LEGO® Technic™ elements in a fresh color palette.
- Programmable Hub features a 5x5 light matrix, 6 input/output ports, integrated 6-axis gyro, speaker, Bluetooth connectivity and rechargeable battery.
- The drag-and-drop coding environment for tablets and computers is rooted in the popular coding language based on Scratch used by millions of children around the world.
- Engage students with 3 STEAM unit plans for grades 6-8 focused on Engineering and Computer Science, linked to curriculum standards, and mostly optimized for 45-minute sessions. Includes comprehensive online lesson plans and teacher support.
- Apply engineering design skills at each step of the design process.
- Develop efficient problem-solving and coding skills through decomposition of problems and algorithmic thinking.
- Design projects that combine hardware and software components to collect and exchange data.
- Work with variables, data arrays and cloud data.
- Apply critical thinking and develop life skills for the careers of tomorrow.
We are LEGO® Education. For 35 years we have been working with teachers and educational specialists like you to deliver playful learning experiences that bring subjects to life in the classroom and make learning fun and impactful. We have a wide range of physical and digital educational resources that encourage students to think creatively, reason systematically and release their potential to shape their own future.
Our solutions for teaching and hands-on learning inspire interest from humanities and language arts to science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), targeted at preschool, elementary and middle school. In the US, close to 20,000 schools teach different subjects using LEGO Education solutions. These are based on the LEGO® system for playful learning combined with curriculum-relevant material and digital resources. With educational sets, lesson plans and curriculum material, assessment tools and teacher training and support, we can help you meet your curriculum objectives and provide you with the tools you need to make learning inspiring, engaging and effective.
We believe that expanding knowledge and building academic and 21st century skills will create active, collaborative, lifelong learners. Together with educators, we aim to enable every student to succeed in education and be prepared for future life challenges.
EducaTec AG is the primary representative and strategic partner for LEGO Education in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.