Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Normally on Stock,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: GDX-VPG
- Warranty(Years): 5
Using Go Direct Photogate, students are able to easily and accurately measure velocity and acceleration to study the movement of an object in free fall, rolling objects, collisions, and pendulums, without needing to know anything about the geometry of the object.
Go Direct Photogate also includes a single laser gate for use with objects passing outside of the arms of the sensor. Using the laser gate requires a visible-light pen laser (not included).
Go Direct Photogate can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Measuring acceleration of a cart on an incline using a cart picket fence
- Measuring the angular motion of a wheel as it is turning
- Investigating Newton’s second law using a half-Atwood machine to measure acceleration
- Determining the time an object passes one or more gates
Wired or Wireless—The Flexibility to Choose
Our Go Direct sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook™, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app—no additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth® wireless technology, allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
Rechargeable Battery—Ready When You Are
The robust rechargeable battery offers long battery life and provides always-ready operation when using the sensor wirelessly. Monitor battery life directly from our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app or LabQuest 2 App. Should the battery run low, simply connect the sensor to the charging cable and keep on collecting—no interruptions or inconvenience to you or your students.
- Infrared source: Peak at 880 nm
- Gate width: 77.5 mm
- Internal gate separation: 20 mm
- Distance from internal gates to bottom of photogate arms: ~10 mm
- Distance from internal gates to sides of photogate arms: ~5 mm
- Gate LED indicators: Off for unblocked gate, on for blocked gate
- Battery: 300 mAh Li-Poly Rechargeable
- Battery life (single full charge): ~10 hours continuous data collection
- Battery life (long term): ~300 full charge cycles (several years depending on usage)
- Wireless: Bluetooth
- Wired: USB
|grade:||Diploma/ Vocational/ Uni, Middle years|
|Subject:||physics, science, Vernier|
|operating system:||Android, Chrome, iOS, LabQuest 2, Mac OSX, Win|
Chrome™, Windows®, macOS™, iOS®, and Android™
Celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2016, Vernier Software & Technology continues to be a leading innovator of scientific data-collection technology. Focused on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), Vernier is dedicated to developing creative ways to teach and learn using hands-on science and math. Vernier creates easy-to-use and affordable science interfaces, sensors, and graphing/analysis software. With world-wide distribution to over 140 countries, Vernier products are used by educators and students from elementary school to college. Vernier’s technology-based solutions enhance STEM education, increase learning, and build students’ critical thinking skills. Vernier’s business culture is grounded in Earth-friendly policies and practices, and the company provides a family-friendly workplace.