Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Normally on Stock,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: GDX-LC
- Warranty(Years): 2
The Go Direct Light and Color Sensor is a powerful and versatile light sensor that measures light in the visible to ultraviolet electromagnetic spectrum. An RGB color sensor detects relative contributions of primary colors in light. Go Direct Light and Color directly connects wirelessly via Bluetooth® or wired via USB to your platform.
The Go Direct Light and Color Sensor combines the power of multiple sensors to measure light intensity in the visible range, UVA, and UVB portions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Visible light sensor
The fast sampling rate for the visible light sensor (1000 Hz) allows you to observe the flicker of fluorescent lamps.
Red, green, blue (RGB) color sensor
Use the RGB sensor to determine the relative contribution of red, green, and blue light. A built-in white LED provides uniform illumination when the sensor is placed directly on a surface, reducing the effect of variable ambient light.
Ideal for experiments using UV lamps, the UVA sensor responds primarily to UVA radiation (peak response at 365 nm).
The UVB sensor responds primarily to UVB radiation (peak response at 330 nm) and is excellent for experiments in which sunlight is the UV source.
The Go Direct Light and Color Sensor can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Explore light intensity as a function of distance.
- Conduct polarized filter studies.
- Observe the flicker of fluorescent lamps.
- Perform reflectivity studies, including color analysis.
Visible Light Sensor
- Wavelengths: 400–800 nm
- Range: 0 to 150,000 lux
- Maximum sampling rate: 1,000 Hz
- UVA wavelength sensitivity region, approximate: 365 nm peak, ±10 nm for half-sensitivity
- UVA typical resolution: 11 mW/m2
- UVB wavelength sensitivity region, approximate: 330 nm peak, ±10 nm for half-sensitivity
- UVB typical resolution: 4.8 mW/m2
- Maximum sampling rate: 1 Hz
- Peak response: red 650 nm peak; green 550 nm peak; blue 450 nm peak
- Maximum sampling rate: 0.5 Hz
- Go Direct Light and Color Sensor
- Micro USB Cable
|grade:||Diploma/ Vocational/ Uni, Middle years|
|Data Logging Interfaces:||Graphical Analysis, LabQuest 2|
|Subject:||chemistry, physics, Vernier|
|operating system:||Android, Chrome, iOS, LabQuest 2, Mac OSX, Win|
Rechargeable Battery—Ready When You Are
The Go Direct robust rechargeable battery offers long battery life and provides always-ready operation. Monitor battery life directly from our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app. Should the battery run low, simply connect the sensor to the charging cable and keep on collecting—no interruptions or inconvenience to you or your students.
Wired or Wireless—The Flexibility to Choose
Our Go Direct™ Colorimeter connects directly to your mobile device, Chromebook, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app—no additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth, allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.