Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Normally on Stock,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: PWVA
- Supplier Name: Vernier Science Education
- Supplier Number: PVA
- Warranty(Years): 2
This book contains a wide selection of video analysis activities for introductory physics at either the high school or college level, inncluding kinematics, dynamics, circuits, sound, electrostatics, and more.
The Physics with Video Analysis book is a product of the NSF-funded LivePhoto Project. For more information, see http://livephoto.rit.edu/.
Four sample activities are available as a free download.
- Pool Ball uses a video of a ball bouncing from the edge of a pool table. Students investigate the meaning of average speed and average velocity in a two-dimensional environment.
- Impulsive Juggling includes a video of a professional juggler. Students consider ball motion in free fall and during the throws.
- Sonic Doppler supplies a video of a car passing a microphone. FFTs of the sound recording, along with video analysis of the car motion, are used to observe the doppler effect.
- RC Decay combines video and sensor records of an RC circuit to measure time constants and capacitance.
Download here the sample activities: http://www.vernier.com/files/sample_labs/lppp.zip
|Subject:||informatics, physics, Vernier|
Celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2016, Vernier Software & Technology continues to be a leading innovator of scientific data-collection technology. Focused on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), Vernier is dedicated to developing creative ways to teach and learn using hands-on science and math. Vernier creates easy-to-use and affordable science interfaces, sensors, and graphing/analysis software. With world-wide distribution to over 140 countries, Vernier products are used by educators and students from elementary school to college. Vernier’s technology-based solutions enhance STEM education, increase learning, and build students’ critical thinking skills. Vernier’s business culture is grounded in Earth-friendly policies and practices, and the company provides a family-friendly workplace.